Did you know that over half of all Americans suffer from some sort of sensitive skin? Whether it be sensitivity to dyes, fragrances, colorants, or a skin condition such as rosacea, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis or just plain acne; people with sensitive skin often have a really hard time finding skin care regimens that really work.
Enter Malin+Goetz, a New York based, family owned, apothecary brand of skin care that is formulated for all skin types, especially sensitive skin! This brand offers straight-forward,uncomplicated skin care regimens for men and women. While Malin+Goetz is fantastic for all skin types, the needs of the sensitive skin client are put first and foremost. As a result, none of their products contain any synthetic fragrances, colorants or harsh detergents and contain no pore clogging oils and the entire line is Paraben free.
The reason behind all this? Well, there are two. First, one of the founders, Matthew Malin, suffers from skin conditions including, eczema, rosacea, and fragrance allergies. The second reason is SIMPLICITY. Skin care in and of itself has become overly complicated and it can be difficult to know what to buy. In the Malin+Goetz line, each of the categories of face, body and hair, have a single best 2 step regimen including a single best cleanser and a single best moisturizer, with a clear focus on balance!
The key to their great cleansers is a gentle, amino acid based cleansing agent that purifies, hydrates and maintains a natural ph balance on the skin.
To compliment that technology, their advanced moisturizers are rooted in blending nourishing fatty acids instead of greasy pore clogging oils and waxes. This leaves the skin perfectly hydrated.
How easy is that? A few things to remember when shopping for products for sensitive skin:
- Simplicity is key. The less preservatives and chemicals in a product the better.
- Be gentle! Exfoliation is a must for any skin type, but let the product do the exfoliating! Don't tug or pull at delicate skin.
- Stay away from extremes. No extreme sun exposure, no washing with extremely hot water, no scrubbing with brushes or wash cloths.
- Avoid ingredients such as alcohol, sulfates, parabens, perfumes and dyes.
- Hydrate!!! Drink plenty of water and carry a spritzer in your purse that you can spray every so often on your face. It's refreshing, sets your makeup, and puts the best moisturizer right into the skin, water!