Why is a Good Hairbrush Essential?
Correct brushing with a quality hairbrush is the best way to help maintain good hair condition and repair the damage done to hair by exposure to sun, wind, pollutants and use of hair coloring or other chemicals. Daily brushing with a good brush that meets the individual’s needs is essential in keeping the hair clean, glossy and healthy looking.Why Mason Pearson? Hair brushes by Mason Pearson are recognized by discriminating consumers as unique in both design and quality. They are a luxury beauty product that truly delivers.
Mason Pearson's ingenious brush construction achieves the desired type of scalp stimulation by adjusting automatically to the contour of the scalp without irritation.
Handcrafted Tradition of Excellence
Mason Pearson Hairbrushes of London, England retain their desirability as an elegant cosmetic accessory. In 1865, Mason Pearson invented and patented the pneumatic cushion for the hairbrush, thus creating a unique brush. To maintain the quality of the Mason Pearson Hairbrush it is not mass produced. The brush is produced in the "old world" manner, with many steps executed by hand and extra care taken to create a magnificent hair product.
Proper Care for the Mason Pearson Brushes:
|A Mason Pearson hair brush is designed to provide many years of quality usage. Each brush comes with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects, but not against normal wear and tear.Proper care is the key to preserving the integrity of the brush. Never apply hair sprays and mousses directly to the pad. This will accelerate its deterioration.
There are two recommended cleaning methods. Each of the brushes, except pocket size and child’s brushes, comes with a boar bristle Cleaning Brush.
- Dry Clean it frequently. Draw the Cleaning Brush across the bristles from end to end.to remove dead hair and scalp scales that can clog the pad and bristles.
- NEVER USE A COMB as this may pull out the bristles and harm the rubber pad.
- Wet Cleaning. Wash it occasionally. Here's how:
- a. Dip the Cleaning Brush Only in a lather of lukewarm, soapy water using a mild soap. Do not use detergents or ammonia. Use the Cleaning Brush to brush the bristles of your hairbrush the same way as in dry cleaning. Hold the hairbrush so that it is sloping downward and no water can enter the little air hole at the end of the pad. The air hole should never be blocked, either when cleaning or when the brush is in use.
- b. Dip the Cleaning Brush in clean rinsing water and repeat the brushing movement.
- c. Shake the hairbrush to remove moisture and leave to dry with handle up and pad pointing down. Never dry bristles with a towel.
NOTE: NEVER SOAK THE BRUSH OR LAY IT ON ITS BACK TO DRY.
Full cleaning instructions are included with each brush. Follow them for many years of superior service from your brush. Failure to comply with these care instructions will not only lessen the years of superior use but will render the manufacturer’s warranty null and void.
|How to Select the Mason Pearson Hairbrush that Suits You.
Mason Pearson Hair Brushes are a handmade, luxury beauty item designed to meet your individual hair style and hair type needs. They give years of excellent service when you choose the brush that’s right for you.
Type of Bristle for your Hair Type at a Glance:
For Very Thick or Coarse Hair: All Nylon is recommended.
The size of the brush determines the length of the bristle and the number of rings. The bristle must be long enough to reach the scalp and stimulate the sebum for you to get the benefit from the brush.